Friday, June 18, 2010

Reflection

It has been said that in order to live a successful life one must know what makes them uniquely them or in other words, one must know who they are. Hopefully within this reflection, I can learn who I am so that in turn I can help others learn who they are.

I am a woman and this distinction makes me a mother, a daughter, a sister, an aunt and a granddaughter. I find my role as a woman empowering and self-fulfilling. Being a mother to a daughter creates a special bond that is unbreakable and sustaining to me personally. I enjoy watching her grow and learn as I teach her as best as I can. At times I may feel like I am a failure but that is just a fleeting feeling when I look into her face and see her love for me in her eyes; then I know I am a success. Being a mother has opened my world to a whole new responsibility to life and I embrace it and love it.

I believe that I am here on Earth to learn and grow from life’s many experiences so that one day I may be perfect in my understanding of all things. I believe that God created all things upon this earth for the benefit of mans’ growth, learning, and to sustain life. I love the beauty that the Earth holds and marvel in its ability to soothe the soul. I believe in being honest in dealing with my fellow humans and in having faith in God that my needs will be provided for after doing all that I can do for myself and others.

I love to help others. I have suffered in my own life and have empathy for others who are suffering. I have a huge heart and a huge desire to help heal the World of its many plagues. That is why I want to be a Social Worker. There is no greater reward in life than to help heal, change or influence a life for the better.

I hope that others view me as compassionate, loving, loyal , trustworthy, dependable, self sufficient, eager to do a good job, assertive, easy to communicate with, and empathic. I do realize that I am stubborn and sometimes opinionated which may come across as judgmental but I do try and work towards being fair, sympathetic and forgiving.

Even though my first marriage was a complete failure, I do hope to remarry and expand my family because family is so important to me. This is where I find great joy and happiness in my life. So, I hope to find someone who fits more comfortably with me as a woman with strong morals and faith; a man who is faithful and diligent in living his life according to his belief system. I hope that he will have the capacity to be a wonderful husband to me and a loving father to my daughter. I want someone who will help strengthen me personally and help strengthen our family as we work together. I want to be able to have good communication between the two of us that ends in compromise or agreement. I hope to have a relationship that I can receive from and give to. I hope to be loved by someone who enjoys who I am and wants to celebrate life with me.

This is who I am.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Great post!

Carole said...

You forgot one- niece! I know who you are, you are my sweet Liza!